NH/ME basketball coach faces charges sexually soliciting minor | News
PORTSMOUTH, New Hampshire (NEWS CENTER) -- A man from Portsmouth, New Hampshire who has coached high school basketball in both Maine and New Hampshire is now facing charges of soliciting a minor.
The Portsmouth Police Department arrested Kenneth Kimber on Friday.
Kimber is facing eight charges, several for prohibited use of a computer and several for indecent exposure, after police say he tried to entice a girl under the age of 16 online.
He has been fired from the Portsmouth school department.
Kimber also coached the varsity boys basketball squad at Noble High School in North Berwick.
At a game last month, he received a technical foul for an outburst at the referees.
Kimber is being held on twenty-thousand dollars bail.
His first court appearance is scheduled for Wednesday.
Upcoming Events near Kittery
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Environmentalists celebrate Clear Skies Ordinance
- South Portland passes ordinance to block tar sands
- South Portland to make final tar sands vote
- Volunteers collect more than enough signatures needed to get legalized marijuana on the South Portland ballot in November.
- Crews break gas main in South Portland