NH Woman Charged in Heroin Death | News
PORTSMOUTH, NH (NEWS CENTER) - Portsmouth Police say a woman has been charged with selling the drugs that killed a young woman in November, 2012.
22 year old Svetlana Filippenko was found dead of an accidental heroin overdose on November 21.
The Portsmouth Police Department says Jennifer Landry, 41, of Portsmouth, sold Filippenko the deadly shot for $45 the day before.
Under New Hampshire state laws, any person involved in the manufacture or sale of certain drugs can be held responsible for the deaths of anyone who takes those drugs.
Upcoming Events near Kittery
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Environmentalists celebrate Clear Skies Ordinance
- South Portland passes ordinance to block tar sands
- South Portland to make final tar sands vote
- Volunteers collect more than enough signatures needed to get legalized marijuana on the South Portland ballot in November.
- Crews break gas main in South Portland