U.S. Route 1 back open in York after propane leak | News
YORK, Maine (NEWS CENTER) -- Route 1 in York is now open after being closed earlier today because of a propane leak that occurred near 3 Buoy's Restaurant.
Some construction workers backed their van into a part of the tank that was sticking above the ground. A part of Route One was blocked off and nearby residents were evacuated. Fire crews poured water on the propane to dissipate the leak. The tank was then capped and an expert is now emptying the rest of the tank before replacing it completely with a new one.
Upcoming Events near Kittery
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- South Portland passes ordinance to block tar sands
- South Portland to make final tar sands vote
- Volunteers collect more than enough signatures needed to get legalized marijuana on the South Portland ballot in November.
- Crews break gas main in South Portland
- Police looking for car involved in attempted burglary