Police warn of paving scam | News
WELLS, Maine (NEWS CENTER) - Police in Wells are issuing a warning about possible scam artists in town. Police spotted a group of men who have a known history of paving and sealcoating scams.
They say the men go door to door, saying that they can give homeowners a deal on refinishing driveways. These deals sound too good to be true because they are. Police say they'll either do the work with poor quality materials.
They'll overbill you or - most alarmingly - your home will be burglarized while they're working. These men frequently prey on the elderly.
If you're approached by a suspected scammer, get in touch with police.
Upcoming Events near Kittery
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- South Portland police arrest N.Y. man on forgery charges
- Clean Water Bond could correct mistakes by investing in water quality improvements.
- Million Meals Maine feeds starving children
- A car struck a pedestrian in Scarborough
- The closure of a small section of Higgins Beach has ruffled some feathers in Scarborough.