Fire in Ogunquit briefly closes Route 1 |
Title (Max 100 Characters)
OGUNQUIT, Maine (NEWS CENTER) - Ogunquit Fire and Police responded to a structure fire at 20 Shore Rd, Monday morning. Police said it was very close to the town square.
See images here: http://on.wcsh6.com/16ZWhq5
Shore Road, a usually busy part of summer activity in town, was closed down while crews battled the fire. Ogunquit reports that multiple departments helped in fighting that fire. Route 1 was also part of the road closures.
Ogunquit police say via their Facebook page, that everyone made it out of the building safely, however two firefighters were injured fighting the fire. Police say one received a knee injury and the other broke a bone on his hand. Police say that both are recovering at the hospital.The fire was completely out by about 10:45am and Route 1 was opened around the same time. Shore road stayed closed while crews tended to the scene.
Upcoming Events near Kittery
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- South Portland police arrest N.Y. man on forgery charges
- Clean Water Bond could correct mistakes by investing in water quality improvements.
- Million Meals Maine feeds starving children
- A car struck a pedestrian in Scarborough
- The closure of a small section of Higgins Beach has ruffled some feathers in Scarborough.